Lonely Planet Pocket Moscow & St Petersburg
Lonely Planet Pocket Moscow & St Petersburg is your most up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Gawk at Red Square and St Basil’s Cathedral, lose yourself in a performance at the Bolshoi, or be dazzled by the wealth of imperial art at the State Hermitage Museum; all with your trusted travel companion.
Lonely Planet: The world’s leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Pocket Moscow & St Petersburg is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Gawk at Red Square and St Basil’s Cathedral, lose yourself in a performance at the Bolshoi, or be dazzled by the wealth of imperial art at the State Hermitage Museum -all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Moscow & St Petersburg and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Pocket Moscow & St Petersburg Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – history, art, literature, music, architecture, performing arts, Moscow & St Petersburg today
- Covers Kremlin & Kitay Gorod; Presnya & Tverskoy; Arbat, Khamovniki & Zamoskvorechie; and Meshchansky & Basmanny in Moscow, plus St Petersburg’s Historic Heart; Sennaya, Kolomna & Vasilyevsky Island; Smolny & Vosstaniya; and Petrograd & Vyborg Sides
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Pocket Moscow & St Petersburg is a handy-sized guide focused on the can’t-miss sights for a quick trip.
Need more detail? Check out Lonely Planet’s Moscow and St Petersburg for in-depth guides to the cities, perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled. Travelling further afield? Lonely Planet’s Russia guide gives a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer; and Trans-Siberian Railway is focused on the can’t-miss sights for a trip of a lifetime.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world’s leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.