The Natural History Book
From sandstone to silver, tiny toadstool to a mighty oak, and amoeba to zebra, along with everything in between – this is the ultimate visual guide to Earth’s wildlife and natural history!
Back and better – DK’s biggest natural history book is given a fresh update.
Explore life on Earth through this monumental and beautiful guide. From sandstone to silver, tiny toadstool to a mighty oak, and amoeba to zebra, along with everything in between – this is the ultimate visual guide to Earth’s wildlife and natural history!
This incredible book has been updated with some of the latest scientific discoveries – including new species and images! It also includes:
– Full-colour pictorial galleries that build into a stunning visual catalogue of more than 5,000 species
– Comprehensive coverage of more than 500 rocks, minerals, and fossils
– Commissioned photographic features zoom in on star species
– Each geological and biological grouping is introduced and explained
– An illustrated introduction explaining key subjects such as the formation of rocks and minerals, the origins of life, and the evolution and classification of living organisms
– A glossary of important natural history terms, an index of common and scientific names, and groupings
Since the original release 11 years ago, thousands of new species and revelations have been identified and added to The Natural History Book for this updated 2nd edition. After a decade of scientific exploration, the new edition exudes mind-blowing discoveries and celebrates the diversity of the natural world. Acquaint yourself with the olinguito (the “kitty bear” of the Andean cloud forest) and a new species of deep-sea Bolosoma glass sponge photographed by the NOAA Ship Okeanos Explorer.
The breathtaking animal and nature encyclopedia was researched and written by a team of natural history experts that guarantees only the best and latest information. It’s a perfect addition to every family bookshelf and an ideal gift for any nature lovers.