The Rough Guide to Thailand’s Beaches and Islands
This is a guide to the islands and beaches of Thailand, from the popular resorts of Phuket and Pattaya, to the tranquil coves on Ko Tarutao, Ko Lanta, and Ko Chang.
The Rough Guide to Thailand’s Beaches & Islands
Make the most of your time on Earth with the ultimate travel guides.
World-renowned ‘tell it like it is’ travel guide, now with free eBook.
Discover Thailand’s beaches and islands with this comprehensive and entertaining travel guide, packed with practical information and honest recommendations by our independent experts. Whether you plan to go diving in Ko Tao, experience the glorious vistas of the Ang Thong National Marine Park or visit the stunning temples of Phetchaburi, The Rough Guide to Thailand’s Beaches and Islands will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
Features of this travel guide to Thailand’s Beaches & Islands:
– Detailed regional coverage: provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
– Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to Thailand
– Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Bangkok, Phuket and many more locations without needing to get online
– Fabulous full-colour photography: features inspirational colour photography, including the surreal and staggeringly beautiful Tham Phraya Nakhon Cave Complex and the sugar-white beaches of Ko Mook
– Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
– Things not to miss: Rough Guides’ rundown of Ko Samet, Ko Chang, Phetchaburi and Ko Pha Ngan’s best sights and top experiences
– Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more
– Background information: comprehensive ‘Contexts’ chapter provides fascinating insights into Thailand, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
– The ultimate travel tool: download the free eBook to access all this from your phone or tablet
– Covers: Bangkok; The east coast; Southern Thailand: the Gulf coast; Southern Thailand: the Andaman coast; The deep south
You may also be interested in: The Rough Guide to Thailand, The Rough Guide to Bangkok, The Rough Guide to Southeast Asia on a Budget
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy ‘tell it like it is’ ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.