Top 10 San Francisco
This newly updated pocket travel guide for San Francisco will lead you straight to the best attractions the city has to offer, from the Golden Gate Bridge to Fisherman’s Wharf to the best food in Chinatown.
Home to the magnificent Golden Gate Bridge, this vibrant city is celebrated for its diverse and inclusive culture, glorious architecture, and myriad places to eat ranging from Michelin-starred restaurants to sushi bars. Your DK Eyewitness Top 10 travel guide ensures you’ll find your way around San Francisco with absolute ease.
Our annually updated Top 10 travel guide breaks down the best of San Francisco into helpful lists of ten-from our own selected highlights to the best museums and art galleries, restaurants and nightclubs, beaches, parks and gardens.
– Eight easy-to-follow itineraries, perfect for a day trip, a weekend, or a week
– Top 10 lists of San Francisco’s must-sees, including detailed descriptions of the Golden Gate Bridge, Cable Cars, Fisherman’s Wharf, Alcatraz, Chinatown, de Young Museum, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, the Wine Country, California Academy of Sciences and the Golden Gate Park
– San Francisco’s most interesting areas, with the best places for shopping, going out and sightseeing
– Inspiration for different things to enjoy during your trip-including vineyards, festivals and parades, hidden gems off the beaten track and things to do for free
– A laminated pull-out map of San Francisco and its environs, plus six full-colour neighbourhood maps
– Streetsmart advice: get ready, get around, and stay safe
– A lightweight format perfect for your pocket or bag when you’re on the move
DK Eyewitness Top 10s are the UK’s favourite pocket guides and have been helping travellers to make the most of their breaks since 2002.
Looking for more on California’s culture, history and attractions? Try our DK Eyewitness San Francisco and the Bay Area or our DK Eyewitness California.